Every Tuesday, check my blog for tips and tricks that assist voice actors, vocalists, public speakers, spoken word poets and the like.
Today's #TopTipTuesday Tip: Exercise your body to prime your voice!
Now, you might be thinking, "Oh Andia, you're a Fitness Professional, of course you're going to recommend exercise any chance you get." Though that may be true, here are some other facts about physical exercise:
- Develops stamina and strength (important for those long recording sessions)
- Trains conscious diaphragmatic breathing (proper breath support enhances vocalization)
- Enhances posture (posture and performance go hand in hand)
- Promotes innovation and creativity (think fast twitch thinking and script analysis)
- Assists in warm-up for the body, mind and vocal chords prior to recording
Hope this tip proves useful - let me know your favorite exercise or vocal warm-up! Also, feel free to leave comments and questions and you could be featured!
Talking to you live and direct,